- Advice on the appropriateness of setting up trusts with due regard to the tax and other implications thereof on the clients’ estate;
- Advice on the setting up of court order / special trusts with due regard to the relevant court order/will and requirements for tax purposes;
- Setting up and registration of inter vivos and court order / special trusts;
- Advice on the continued appropriateness of existing trusts;
- Assessment and/or audit of trust deeds;
- Drafting and lodgement of trust maintenance documents such as amendment deeds or the change of trustees or accountant;
- Drafting of resolutions and other documentation pertaining to trust matters;
- Advice on the winding up of trusts;
- Drafting and lodgement of trust deregistration documents;
- Obtainment of certified copies of a trust deed and/or Letter of Authority;
- Professional Trustee services and performing fiduciary duties, such as advising on legal, tax and administration matters and attending trustee meetings, relating thereto;
- Administration of trusts with due regard to the trust deed;
- Management of trust bank account with due regard to the trust deed.
Estate Structuring Services
- Personal estate structuring with focus on financial planning themes covering estates, trusts, tax, investments and business enterprises.
- Advice on the optimal saving in estate costs like:
- Executor’s fees;
- Capital gains tax;
- Estate duty;
- Master’s fees, Funeral costs and Miscellaneous costs.
- Advice on sufficient financial provision for client and his/her dependents during his/her lifetime.
- Advice on sufficient financial provision for the maintenance of client’s dependents during the winding up of the client’s estate and during his/her lifetime.
- Advice on protection of the assets in the client’s estate against the possibility of a forced sale by providing sufficient liquidity during the winding up of the estate.
- Advice on the practical enforcement of the client’s wishes and needs as set out in his/her will.
- Ensuring flexibility of the estate plan to ensure that future adjustment necessitated by changing financial and family needs and circumstances can be made.
- Advice on wills with due regard to the tax and other implications of the content thereof on the clients’ estate.
- Drafting of wills.
Deceased Estate Services
- Administration of deceased estate in the capacity of nominated executor or representative.
- Assistance with administration of deceased estate to family member appointed as executor.
- Advice on and assistance to the affected parties.
Contract Drafting Services
- Advice on and drafting of contracts and agreements such as co-operation or shareholders’ agreements, buy-and-sell agreements and ante-nuptial contracts.